What is the one thing you can do to change your life? What one thing can make all the difference in your life? Giving you the ability to create the life you always wanted!
This blog is going to more on the self-help side of things, no politics, and that’s something I haven’t done in a bit. I have been on a political kick for sometime. So I thought I would mix it up a bit, as the blog itself states, it’s about more than just politics.
So what is that one thing? What is the magic pill we all have with in us? Our attitude…(Read this)
An attitude is a hypothetical construct that represents an individual’s degree of like or dislike for something.
Degree of LIKE or DISLIKE…. Sounds like Facebook… But that is the key. We choose our attitude, we decide how something or someone is going to affect us. It is all in our control. Dr. Wayne Dyer talks about this all the time, he may use different words and evoke different emotions, but it all comes down to the same thing in the end, we decide what is what. We have the power…
How we see things, in what light we decide to look at our lives and the lives of those around us will affect how we react to events in our lives. From a simple smile or frown in the morning to a major illness, our attitude will make the most significant difference in our day and life.
Research has proven the a person with a positive attitude will recover faster than one without.(Read this) and (Read this). So what can you do to gain a positive attitude, or to improve the one you have?
We all know that in order to get healthy or to stay healthy we must exercise and eat right, this same basic concept applies to our attitude as well, here are a few tips to help you do just that:
- Take time for yourself each and every day, 5 to 15 minutes at least, try to make it a quiet place were you can relax and regenerate. Use the time to read or reflect.
- What you read is what you are, so read positive books and articles, try to fit reading into your daily life, even if it’s for only 5 minutes.
- Give yourself small manageable goals each and everyday, something that you know you can accomplish, to give yourself a sense of achievement. It can be anything, cleaning off your desk or emptying the junk drawer.
- De-clutter your life. Start small and do one thing per day to remove clutter. Start in your closet, remove what is not essential. By tackling one task a day you will see results and have a sense off accomplishment.
- When you see yourself becoming negative, stop what you are doing, and take a 5 to 10 second re-adjustment break. Take a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds, than slowly exhale and let the stress flow out. Repeat if necessary.
- Add positive quotes or images to your work area, or for school aged kids, place a positive quote in their lunch bag or place one in their books.
- Remind yourself that life is what you choose to make of it. That only you have the power to make your life a living hell or a paradise.
- Choose your battles wisely, not every issue is worth the battle.
- Place your trust in God, and allow Him to work with and through you
So start today, make an action plan, write it down, define your goals and stick to them, and remember that if you slip-up one day, that’s ok, there is always tomorrow.
A Life Coach can help you achieve your goals: Guided Insight Life Coach
3 thoughts on “My life is what I choose it to be…”
Thank you very much…. 🙂
[…] My life is what I choose it to be… (anamericanpointofview.wordpress.com) […]