Image via Wikipedia
One of the many hot topics, both in politics and religion, is immigration reform. From the Arizona law to the US Catholic Bishops from the halls of Congress to the water cooler, everyone is talking about it. It is a hot topic, one that many have an opinion on and one that many consider to be the next great battle (oops I’m sorry, I’m not suppose to use words that sound aggressive according to CNN news…. Ah, the hell with CNN).
Americans and America has always welcomed immigrants, our country is made up the worlds unwanted or people seeking a better life. That is not an issue, I say welcome to everyone. America has always held her arms wide open and taken in the words cast off. And I say God Bless America.
But that does not, and should not mean that we as a nation should put the safety of our citizens at risk. The idea and concept of allowing anyone to enter into our county for any reason is a silly and not so humane concept. When has it ever been ok to allow others to infringe upon the safety and rights of citizens. At what time in our history have we allowed this? Some will say slavery and the Irish immigrants or the Chinese immigrants who worked the rail road. Or what about the Japanese that were placed in camps after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. All scars upon America and all regretted by this nation and her people. But none were illegal immigrants, or as the liberals like to call them, undocumented workers, what ever that means. The Mexican border issue is an issue of national security, it is an issue of human rights and an issue of law.
With 6.5 million illegal aliens coming across our southern border each and every year, we must be crazy not to consider it a National Security issue. We stop little old ladies and 5 year olds at the airports for pat downs, but we think it is ok to allows millions into our country with out even asking for a passport… Come on, even a liberal must see how nuts this is.
- In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.
- There are currently over 400,000 unaccounted for illegal alien criminals with outstanding deportation orders. At least one fourth of these are hard core criminals.
- 80,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes are walking the streets. Based on studies they will commit an average of 13 serious crimes per perpetrator.
- Illegal aliens are involved in criminal activities at a rate that is 2-5 times their representative proportion of the population.
- In 1980, our Federal and state facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens but at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in U.S. correctional facilities at a cost of about $6.8 billion per year.
- At least 4.5 million pounds of cocaine with a street value of at least $72 billion is smuggled across the southern border every year. ..
- 56% of illegal aliens charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
- Illegal aliens charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.
- Illegal aliens commit between 700,000 to 1,289,000 or more crimes per year.
- Illegal aliens commit at least 2,158 murders each year – a number that represents three times greater participation than their proportion of the population.
- Illegal alien sexual predators commit an estimated 130,909 sexual crimes each year.
- There may be as many as 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders circulating throughout America. Based on studies, they will commit an average of 8 sex crimes per perpetrator before being caught.
- Nearly 63% of illegal alien sex offenders had been deported on another offense prior to committing the sex crime.
- Only 2% of the illegal alien sex offenders in one study had no history of criminal behavior, beyond crossing the border illegally.
- In Operation Predator, ICE arrested and deported 6,085 illegal alien pedophiles. Some studies suggest each pedophile molests average of 148 children. If so, that could be as many as 900,580 victims.
- Nobody knows how big the Sex Slave problem is but it is enormous.
- The very brutal MS-13 gang has over 15,000 members and associates in at least 115 different cliques in 33 states.
- The overall financial impact of illegal alien crimes is estimated at between $14.4 and $81 billion or more per year. Factor in the crime as a result of the cocaine and other drugs being smuggled in and the number may reach $150 billion per year.
Is it the intention of our leaders both religious and political that we, law abiding citizens or law abiding visitors who entered our country legally be subjected to this? Can anyone really claim that allowing this to happen is a good thing…
I know, many are saying that’s why we need to give them amnesty, because once they are made full members of our Great Nation they will become peaceful law-abiding citizens who pay taxies and raise there children to love thy neighbor. Really… Do you really believe this, because if you do I have a bridge I would like to sell you.
America is a nation of immigrants, and we must allow immigrants to move here and to prosper, but we must enforce the law of the land, because a nation with out law is a nation destine to fail. I pray the the US Conference of Bishops (USCCB) will wake up and understand that immigration is not a one sided story, that they, the USCCB have an obligation to not only the illegals crossing our borders, but also to the law abiding citizens in there care. As for the polititions, well we can only hope for the best, that they wake up soom, or we vote them out come 2012.