Image via Wikipedia
Thanksgiving is upon us, a time for the nation to stop and reflect upon what we are thankful for. And for some it may be hard to find things to be thankful for, the past few years have been extremely tuff for many. Living in Michigan, I have seen the hard times, and even though I personally have not experienced it like others have, it has touched my family. My sister was out of work for two years, that’s hard times.
But there are still a few things that we all can be thankful for:
- A loving God
- A Nation founded on freedom
- Family (by blood or by your own making)
- Mothers who make hot coco on cold winter days
- Fathers who toss the football
- Brothers who get on your nerves
- Boss’s who demand to much
- Sisters who pester you
- A freely elected government
- The ability to disagree with loved ones and others
- The genus of the Founding Fathers and the Constitution
Thanksgiving is a time to remember all we have, to remember all who have to go with out. We all have something to be thankful for, as Americans we have more than most in the world. So this Thanksgiving around the dinner table, take time to give thanks for all your blessings.
I for one am thankful for the voice of Bing, my family and all who love me and all whom I love and for a country were my vote counts and in two years time I can vote once again.