Christmas time can be a hard time for a lot of people, the stress of the holiday can seem like it will never end, weighing you down. But it doesn’t have to be like that. You can enjoy the holiday, without the stress if you keep the following few rules in mind.
1. Christmas is not about presents, it’s about the birth of Christ, if your to focused on the gift giving, wanting to make sure that everyone gets the perfect gift, or everything on their list, you are missing the point. The gift is a sign of love, not a status symbol.
2. Do not attend any function that will add stress to your life, if going to the grandparent’s house will result in arguments, and hurt feelings then it is not worth the trip. Respectfully decline the invitation and enjoys a nice night at home, stress free.
3. The Holiday dinner does not need to look like it came from the Food Network kitchens, the idea of the meal is to sit as a family and honor God and the Christ Child with the dinner being enjoyed by all around the table. I am very sure Jesus will not be upset if the Turkey is not that golden brown color you saw on TV.
4. The perfect host sometimes needs a break also, so sit and relax with your family and friends, take them up on offers to help you out in the kitchen. Use the time to bond, and learn to enjoy each other’s company. That’s the true spirit of the holiday.
5. The last rule, remember the reason for the season, Christ the Lord, the Birth of Jesus, The Son of Man, God incarnate on earth. If you do not believe in Christ, then there is no reason to celebrate his birth, so there should be no stress at this Holy time of year.
I hope my 5 points help out, and always find 5 or 10 minutes per day just for you, a quiet time to regroup.